The AIJA Award for Excellence is awarded every two years and nominations will be called for via this website and the AIJA Newsletter.
The following conditions apply:
* to be eligible for nomination, organisations or individuals should have undertaken activities that impact on the work of
courts or tribunals in Australasia
* an awards committee comprising two or more AIJA council members will make a recommendation to the
Board of Management for final decision.
Those eligible for nomination must have:
* improved access to justice – this can be for the entire community or sections of it
* demonstrated innovation – this can include adapting an established solution to a new problem and
* delivered real benefits for the justice system – the benefits should be demonstrated
Award nomination forms will be posted here when nominations are being received. (currently closed)
The winner will be announced via email and the AIJA Newsletter. A ceremony is held at the next AIJA event after the award.
A list of past winners can be found here