About AIJA membership
The Australasian Institute of Judicial Administration (AIJA) is an association of like-minded professionals, drawn from all levels of the judiciary, legal profession, and broader justice community, who are committed to excellence in the administration of justice in Australia, New Zealand and the pacific region.
It is a national body representing all constituencies of Australasia's judicial system. Independent of government or other external influences, the AIJA is dedicated to achieving practical reform in the administration of justice in all jurisdictions. Through the many services provided by the AIJA, members can readily enhance their skills and access the information needed to assist them in carrying out their functions relating to the administration of justice.
Who can become a member?
Membership of the AIJA is open to all with an interest in the administration of justice. Those with a particular interest in our work include:
Membership of the AIJA is open to those from overseas jurisdictions.
Individual, corporate and sponsored memberships are available.
AIJA members are committed to:
- The Rule of Law
- The integrity of the justice system
- Equality of access to justice
- The independence of the judiciary
- Excellence in the administration of justice
- Achieving practical reform on contemporary issues
- Effective and efficient court administration
Membership Benefits include:
- Access to leading publications and specialist research
- Access to a forum of like-minded individuals, including judicial officers and other justice system professionals, sharing knowledge and experience across geographies, jurisdictions, courts, tribunals, positions, and professions
- Discounted rates to attend conferences and educational programs
- Opportunities for involvement in education and research projects
- State, national, and international networking contacts
There is no joining fee for membership, just an annual fee. View the fees in the Membership Brochure.
Discounted fees are offered for those who are:
If you would like further information about AIJA membership please contact the AIJA:
T: 61 2 8099 2611